We’re looking for a seasoned user experience designer to join our team and help us craft industry-leading digital platforms and experiences.
The ideal candidate for this role demonstrates a curiosity for solving complex problems and an obsession with improving the way that humans use the things that we create.
In addition to a portfolio of inspiring examples of their work, candidates should demonstrate both a deep understanding and a strong point-of-view on functionality, usability, content, and structure. A successful candidate will be equally skilled at articulating complex ideas as they are at documenting them — all with an eye towards building consensus and buy-in, both internally and with clients.
- Design thoughtful, intuitive, and modern experiences in the form of user journeys, site maps, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Serve as the bridge between strategy and visual design, applying insights and translating key findings from the outputs of our strategy efforts.
- Present your work and the thinking behind it, both internally and with clients in decks, meetings, and workshops.
- Occasionally, design the UI of experiences, websites, and platforms showcasing strong design systems thinking and taste.
- Working closely with the creative and development teams, ensure that our work embodies the best of smart user experience principles; share best practices as well as the latest tools and techniques.
Joining our team, you’ll find yourself amongst a talented, driven group of about 35 colleagues who inspire each other every day. We integrate strategy, creative, technology, and production to deliver the world’s best digital experiences, with exceptional ideas and craft. Our clients know us as a committed partner who creates category-defining work. Our team knows it’s possible because of the incredible culture we’ve built.
- 5+ years of agency or in-house experience
- A digital portfolio of your work
A wealth of company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, parental leave, paid learning and development opportunities, and more. We offer flexible paid time off and uncapped sick time. In addition, we close for 18 paid holidays, including two full weeks in which we fully close operations—one at midsummer, and one at the winter holidays.
This is a full-time position at our office in downtown Norfolk, Virginia, where we’ve adopted a “flex hybrid” approach to work — with three days per week in the office and two remote, plus the option to work fully remotely for up to two months out of the year. Grow offers paid relocation to the Norfolk/Virginia Beach region, and temporary housing for selected candidates.
Norfolk / Virginia Beach is an amazing coastal city that marries beach lifestyle with city culture. There’s thriving scenes for food, art, small businesses, and startups — while also being a wonderful place to raise a family. We’re part of a community of like-minded creators and innovators, including our headquarters space in Assembly (www.assemblynfk.com), a multi-company campus we helped spearhead. We also regularly put our talents toward building the city in which we want to live and work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Grow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively works to foster a culture of belonging. We are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, parental status or any other legally protected characteristic.