As our Marketing Director, you’ll build Grow’s reputation for our work and our culture—making our industry presence unmissable and inspiring brands & talent to reach out to us.
You’ll be the strategic driver of all of our marketing activity — from direction to day-to-day implementation and content authoring — ensuring that we’re engaging in the right channels with the right messages at the right times.
You’ll have support with asset creation from our creative and development teams, who execute with exceptional creativity, consideration and craft; and engagement from our full leadership team, who champion marketing’s essential role in achieving our vision. You’ll be part of the growth leadership group, which includes new business, client engagement, and strategy.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic leader with a deep understanding of how to elevate the agency’s profile to drive growth. You have a keen sense for how to connect market demands to the agency’s story and business goals. You can develop tailored marketing strategies and direct compelling executions that deliver on those. You are exceptionally articulate and precise in your communications, and you consistently bring focus and a thoughtful point-of-view to the work. And you’re a resourceful self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to bring our marketing practice to the next level.
- Serve as the marketing leader on the growth leadership team—establishing plans, owning specific goals, resolving issues, and driving outcomes that align marketing with agency goals and growth targets
- Develop yearly marketing plans and set marketing priorities for our internal teams and external partners
- Execute channel and content strategies for promoting our agency, work, and culture, including defining opportunities for thought leadership, expert commentary, awards, etc. in partnership with our PR firm and developing targeted approaches for showcasing Grow’s capabilities and expertise to prospective clients in partnership with our Director of New Business
- Author content for the development of agency marketing materials (e.g. case studies, credentials, thought leadership, web & social content, awards submissions, etc.), supporting our positioning and articulating what makes us unique
- Manage marketing execution, which includes writing briefs, setting boundaries for timelines and budgets, aligning internal stakeholder expectations, partnering with internal subject matter experts on content creation as appropriate, ensuring delivery on strategic direction, driving toward successful outcomes, and helping navigate any obstacles
- Direct and manage Grow’s website and social presence to ensure a regular cadence of high-quality content that drives engagement and conversions, defining our approach to integrated channel management and social community engagement
- Direct marketing measurement plans to ensure visibility into performance, and evaluate and optimize the performance against stated goals to ensure results
- Define Grow’s marketing processes, systems and tools to enable effective, efficient work; ensure adoption by key collaborators and stakeholders
As a result of your success in this role, we’ll see a measurable and steady increase in qualified inbound client & talent leads, and a strong voice & consistently visible agency presence in the industry.
Eight years of experience in marketing roles with some agency experience preferred. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the digital space, with an eye for what makes innovative and industry-leading work. Candidates must bring a track record of success developing thoughtful marketing strategies, promoting agency work and capabilities, and generating marketing content.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our team, and the welfare of our broader community, Grow requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or be approved for accommodation in the case of an exemption for a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
You’ll start with a full month of paid vacation and holiday leave, including two weeks in which the company pauses operations—one in midsummer, and one during the holidays. A wealth of additional company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, disability, paid training, and more. In addition, we promise you’ll have everything you need to be productive, comfortable and happy in the workplace.
This is a full-time position at our office in downtown Norfolk, Virginia. Grow offers paid relocation and temporary housing for selected candidates.
Grow is located in downtown Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA – an amazing coastal city that blends the beach lifestyle with a richly evolving culture. As part of a community of like-minded people, we spend our time creating great work and building the culture around us. We regularly put our creative and technology talents toward building the city in which we want to live and work.
Yes, you’ll work for amazing clients and projects in an inspiring environment. But best of all, you’ll find yourself among a close-knit group of just over 50 incredibly talented and motivated colleagues who inspire each other every day. Our team of technologists, creatives, strategists, and producers all work together under one roof to help some of the world’s most beloved brands connect with audiences in new and unexpected ways.