As our Head of Business Development, you'll create exciting opportunities to do the work we love with amazing brand partners.
You’ll lead our approach to business development — both with “new logo” brands and with new business units within existing client brands — bringing in right-fit client partners with exciting briefs. You’ll be a member of the agency’s leadership team, collaborating with other discipline leaders to realize the agency’s mission to make the world’s best digital experiences.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic leader who fluently and skillfully navigates the dynamics of new business to maintain a steady pipeline of exciting qualified opportunities amidst a constantly evolving landscape. Your keen ability to quickly develop trust with clients, create new opportunities for partnership, and deliver winning proposals makes you essential to the success of the business and its future growth.
You are deeply committed to understanding the business and marketing challenges of our key prospects, and you can illuminate Grow’s expertise for the right opportunities. You are a champion for creativity and innovation, and for best-in-class digital experiences and platforms. You have a strong pulse on category-defining work within the industry.
- Serve as the business development leader on the agency’s senior leadership team — defining strategies, establishing plans, owning goals, resolving issues, and driving outcomes that support our agency positioning, goals and growth targets
- Deliver on new business revenue targets for the company, and other key KPIs as identified
- Develop strategies and a systematic approach to generating leads and nurturing new opportunities, both with new brands and with new teams in existing client accounts
- Drive new business opportunities from qualification to proposal/pitch to close, including identifying the win strategy and steering the team’s contributions to the response
- Deliver thoughtfully tailored presentations of agency capabilities and relevant work
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable future staff supporting new business. Hire exceptional, values-aligned team members when needed to increase capacity or expand capability. Support the development of staff through regular coaching.
- Report on new business performance, and identify trends and key learnings to improve future performance
- Identify and inform agency marketing needs to support business development efforts and drive inbound leads
- Establish and continually refine new business processes, systems & tools to enable effective management of the pipeline and efficient collaboration with cross-discipline stakeholders
Success in this role will be measured by a healthy pipeline of right-fit opportunities, a strong close rate with a diversity of brands, and consistency meeting revenue targets.
Joining our team, you’ll find yourself amongst a talented, driven group of about 35 colleagues who inspire each other every day. We integrate strategy, creative, technology, and production to deliver the world’s best digital experiences, with exceptional ideas and craft. Our clients know us as a committed partner who creates category-defining work. Our team knows it’s possible because of the incredible culture we’ve built.
Our ideal candidate will be a strategic leader with strong initiative, a sharp eye for opportunity and keen ability to connect the dots, an energizing yet direct communication style, and a healthy balance of optimism and realism. We’re looking for someone with 10+ years of agency experience and a proven record of bringing in formative new opportunities to an agency business. Travel may account for up to 25% of this role.
A wealth of company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, parental leave, paid learning and development opportunities, and more. We offer flexible paid time off and uncapped sick time. In addition, we close for 18 paid holidays, including two full weeks in which we fully close operations—one at midsummer, and one at the winter holidays.
This is a full-time position that can be remote or based in our office in downtown Norfolk, Virginia. Remote candidates should be based in a major metro city and should expect to travel to our headquarters approximately once per quarter. Local employees would work in our hybrid model, with three days in the office per week and the option to work remotely for the other two. In addition, they may work remotely for up to two months out of the year.
Grow offers paid relocation to the Norfolk-Virginia Beach region as well as temporary housing for selected candidates. Norfolk-Virginia Beach is an amazing coastal region that marries beach lifestyle with city culture. There’s thriving scenes for food, art, small businesses, and startups — while also being a wonderful place to raise a family. We’re part of a community of like-minded creators and innovators, including those in our headquarters space in Assembly (www.assemblynfk.com), a unique campus we helped spearhead. We also regularly put our talents toward building the city in which we want to live and work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Grow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively works to foster a culture of belonging. We are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, parental status or any other legally protected characteristic.