As our Engagement Director, you’ll create invaluable partnerships with our brand clients.
You will lead both active projects and organic opportunity development with one of our largest clients across multiple business units, driving our work to exceed expectations while strengthening and growing our relationships. You will create value through your deep understanding of their business needs, strategic perspective on their opportunities, and vision for what’s possible in our work together.
Our ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator, strategic thinker, and digital enthusiast. You ask insightful questions, command the nuance, bring vision, anticipate challenges, and provide clarity. You are a champion for creativity and innovation and for best-in-class digital experiences and platforms.
Your ability to be expert in both the client’s business and the agency’s capabilities makes you an incredible advocate for how we deliver exceptional work, and for where there’s more opportunity to do great work together. Your skillful expectations management keeps our teams aligned and holds everyone to account. You are a trusted partner who earns the respect and sought-after counsel of senior client stakeholders as well as your agency colleagues.
Your leadership drives impact for our clients and growth for our agency.
- Develop meaningful client relationships through thought partnership, strategic counsel, and genuine commitment to serving the client’s best interests
- Identify growth opportunities within existing client accounts, developing and executing plans to expand our relationships, make new connections, increase our visibility, and generate new opportunities
- Connect client needs with Grow’s expertise to drive opportunity development, including proactive client planning conversations, insightful input to help shape client briefs, and smart proposals for how to work together
- Drive proposal responses to organic opportunities, providing a strategic POV on Grow’s approach to the work, leading our team to deliver a winning response, and articulating relevant experience from our portfolio of work
- Align and proactively manage client and team expectations, creating a shared definition of success and a shared understanding of how we’ll deliver on that
- Lead the day-to-day engagement on projects and opportunities across client brands / business units, serving as a voice of clarity, strategic leadership and enthusiasm to continually push our team and our clients to deliver exceptional work
- Consistently manage and communicate about active projects and opportunities with cross-disciplinary collaborators through agency processes and tools
Success in this role looks like beloved client partnerships at a senior level, sustained organic growth on your accounts, and work we’re excited to promote.
Seven to ten years of agency experience in account management or client-facing roles in account planning or strategy required. Confidence presenting to clients and strong knowledge of the digital space is a must. Experience or interest in the tech, gaming, entertainment and sports industries is a plus.
A wealth of company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, parental leave, paid learning and development opportunities, and more. We offer flexible paid time off and uncapped sick time. In addition, we close for 18 paid holidays, including two full weeks in which we fully close operations—one at midsummer, and one at the winter holidays.
This is a full-time position at our office in downtown Norfolk, Virginia, where we’ve adopted a hybrid approach to work — with three days per week in the office and two remote, plus the option to work fully remotely for up to two months out of the year. Grow offers paid relocation to the Norfolk-Virginia Beach region as well as temporary housing for selected candidates.
Norfolk-Virginia Beach is an amazing coastal region that marries beach lifestyle with city culture. There’s thriving scenes for food, art, small businesses, and startups — while also being a wonderful place to raise a family. We’re part of a community of like-minded creators and innovators, including those in our headquarters space in Assembly (www.assemblynfk.com), a unique campus we helped spearhead. We also regularly put our talents toward building the city in which we want to live and work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Grow is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and actively works to foster a culture of belonging. We are committed to equal opportunity employment regardless of race, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, parental status or any other legally protected characteristic.