As Design Director, Platforms you’ll help to create and execute a vision for how we create consistent and meaningful experiences for our users.
You’ll run multiple concurrent projects and direct multi-disciplinary creative teams. As a project lead, you’ll be accountable for the success of your work, partnering with other cross-disciplinary leaders to ensure that we’re consistently delivering exceptional experiences to our clients.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished design leader with a background in building world-class platforms and products. You’re equally comfortable diving into a business problem, conducting client interviews, building architectural wires and flows, and creating pixel-perfect design systems. In both a hands-on and directional capacity, you’ll lead cross-disciplinary teams to connect the creative vision from concept to design, copy, and build.
- Direct teams to create engaging and intuitive platforms, products, and experiences with people-centric UX, considered design, and thoughtful interaction.
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable a small team of UX specialists and visual designers, directing both day-to-day activities and long-term professional growth.
- Working with cross-departmental teams and directly with client partners, gather user and product insights to develop a strong perspective on the proper solution for new products and platforms.
- Act as the creative lead on platform-centric accounts, working with other team leads to ensure the success of multiple projects within the account.
- Build and maintain client relationships, identifying challenges and opportunities that may lead to further work.
- Along with fellow creative leaders, guide the direction of the creative department.
We offer competitive pay, a hybrid work environment, and a strong benefits package including flex PTO, parental leave, and two full weeks a year where we close shop to enjoy a company-wide break. A wealth of additional company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, disability, paid training, and more. We do our best to ensure you have everything you need to be productive, comfortable, and happy in the workplace.
Amazing clients and atmosphere come standard, but what you’ll love most is our close-knit team of inspiring talent, 50+ of us in total. We’re part of a community of like-minded people who spend our time creating great work and building culture around us. We regularly put our creative and technology talents toward building the city in which we want to live and work.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our team, and the welfare of our broader community, Grow requires that all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or be approved for accommodation in the case of an exemption for a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
This is a full-time position at our office in downtown Norfolk, Virginia. Grow offers paid relocation and temporary housing for selected candidates.
Grow is located in downtown Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA – an amazing coastal city that blends the beach lifestyle with a richly evolving culture. As part of a community of like-minded people, we spend our time creating great work and building the culture around us. We regularly put our creative and technology talents toward building the city in which we want to live and work.
Yes, you’ll work for amazing clients and projects in an inspiring environment. But best of all, you’ll find yourself among a close-knit group of just over 50 incredibly talented and motivated colleagues who inspire each other every day. Our team of technologists, creatives, strategists, and producers all work together under one roof to help some of the world’s most beloved brands connect with audiences in new and unexpected ways.