As Design Director, Platforms you’ll help to create and execute a vision for how we create consistent and meaningful experiences for our users.
You’ll run multiple concurrent projects and direct multi-disciplinary creative teams. As a project lead, you’ll be accountable for the success of your work, partnering with other cross-disciplinary leaders to ensure that we’re consistently delivering exceptional experiences to our clients.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished design leader with a background in building world-class platforms and products. You’re equally comfortable diving into a business problem, conducting client interviews, building architectural wires and flows, and creating pixel-perfect design systems. In both a hands-on and directional capacity, you’ll lead cross-disciplinary teams to connect the creative vision from concept to design, copy, and build.
- Direct teams to create engaging and intuitive platforms, products, and experiences with people-centric UX, considered design, and thoughtful interaction.
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable a small team of UX specialists and visual designers, directing both day-to-day activities and long-term professional growth.
- Working with cross-departmental teams and directly with client partners, gather user and product insights to develop a strong perspective on the proper solution for new products and platforms.
- Act as the creative lead on platform-centric accounts, working with other team leads to ensure the success of multiple projects within the account.
- Build and maintain client relationships, identifying challenges and opportunities that may lead to further work.
- Along with fellow creative leaders, guide the direction of the creative department.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our team, and the welfare of our broader community, Grow requires that all staff be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or be approved for accommodation in the case of an exemption for a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
We offer flexible paid time off and uncapped sick time. In addition, we close for 18 paid holidays, including two full weeks in which we fully close operations—one at midsummer, and one at the winter holidays. A wealth of additional company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, parental leave, paid learning and development opportunities, and more.
This is a full-time position based in Portland, Oregon, where we have a growing staff presence, or at our office in downtown Norfolk, Virginia.
Team members based in Portland will travel to client offices along the west coast as well as to Grow’s headquarters in Norfolk, VA at least once a quarter. Team members based in Norfolk will participate in our “flex hybrid” approach to work, with three days per week in the office and two remote, plus the option to work fully remotely for up to two months out of the year.
Grow is located in downtown Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA – an amazing coastal city that blends the beach lifestyle with a richly evolving culture. As part of a community of like-minded people, we spend our time creating great work and building the culture around us. We regularly put our creative and technology talents toward building the city in which we want to live and work. Grow offers paid relocation to the Norfolk/Virginia Beach region, and temporary housing for selected candidates.